Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Bake

I'm lucky in that my children love vegetables.  I do try to serve some with every meal, but truthfully sometimes I get tired of the same thing over and over.


I first made this casserole about 7 years ago and since then it's become a favorite, especially with the kids.  Threw in what I had on hand and it turned out really yummy.


2012_09230031

Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Bake

1 (16 oz) package frozen mixed vegetables
2 Small sweet peppers, chopped (I like using the little ones that come prepackaged)
1 (10 oz) can condensed cheddar soup
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
French-fried onions
shredded cheese


Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease a large casserole dish.

In a big bowl, combine the veggies, peppers, cheddar soup, sour cream, salt and pepper and some french-fried onions.  ( I add about 1/3 cup)

Pour into the casserole dish and bake for about 20 minutes. 

2012_09230019

Sprinkle the remaining french-fried onions and some shredded cheese on top and bake for a few minutes longer.

Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

2012_09230033

NOTE:  I have also made it using mushroom soup which is really yummy as well.

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with veggies too, Sandra. This looks really good, but I'm wondering if you've ever made it with shredded cheese or anything simliar. I'm trying to stay away from cream of x and condensed soups in general.

    Hope you have a great day and week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so yummy and rivals the "green bean casserole" I added edamame and a bit of milk to make mine creamier. Oh and some Lawry's. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete