Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Atum com grao - Tuna chickpea salad

My kids and I love tuna salad, either with potatoes or pasta or lettuce or whatever.

Atum com Grao 

But there is another way that I love preparing it, one that takes me back to my childhood.  I can see myself and my 3 brothers sitting at the table eating, laughing or fighting (you know how the sibling thing goes lol).  It’s now become one of my own children’s favorite tuna salads to have.

You can make it with Black eyed peas too but I really like the chickpeas or garbanzo beans.

Atum com GraoAtum com Grao (Tuna Chickpea Salad)

2 cans of chickpeas, drained
2 cans of tuna, drained
onion, finely chopped (just add as much as you like)
parsley
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil
vinegar


There is nothing difficult about this salad, just mix all the ingredients together and serve.
Enjoy!


© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment