Friday, May 14, 2010

Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken

I love Taste of Home, I have tons of their magazines and cookbooks and I can always find something easy and delicious.

This is one I found a few months ago and set aside to try, but then I forgot about it cause I'm a ditz like that. Anyway, I found it a few days ago and decided to give it a try so I could use up some chicken breasts I had.

SO good, the kids loved them.


2010_05100008

CRUNCHY ONION BARBECUE CHICKEN
Credit: Taste of Home

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
* 1-1/3 cups french-fried onions, crushed
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I cut mine into strips)

Directions

* Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.

2010_05100002

* Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.

2010_05100013

I served mine with creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. These look so good but I know the french fried onions have TONS of calories!! I still might have to try it though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that is making me so hungry as I sit here with my cheerios!! Looks soooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I think French Fried Onions should have a food group all their own. I can't keep them in the house because I eat them as a snack. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so very good to me!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something my family would really enjoy--and I have all the ingredients on hand to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last night, and it was a HUGE hit!!

    ReplyDelete