Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cheeseburger Pie

Quick middle of the week dinner, my kids loves it, hubby loves it and I love it too.

It's super easy to make and I'm sure you have all the ingredients needed already, why not give it a try?

I actually made two pies from this recipe, I was able to divide the meat mixture into two pies, made one with the American cheese and one with Pepper Jack, this way I have an extra pie in the freezer for a quick weekend lunch.

2010_03230008

CHEESEBURGER PIE

1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
8 slices American cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 425 F. Bake pie shell for 8 minutes, remove from oven.
Reduce temperature to 350 F.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add beef. Cook until brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes.

Add tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper and bouillon. Cook until bouillon dissolves; remove from heat. Add eggs and flour, mix well.

Tear cheese slice into small pieces. Stir cheese into beef mixture; spoon into pie shell. Bake pie for 25 minutes or until filling is heated through.

2010_03230005

Cut remaining cheese slices into triangles. Arrange triangles in a spoke fashion on top of pie.
Bake for another 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut pie into wedges.

2010_03230007

7 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I think I may make this for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheeseburgers and pie...my two favorite things!

    This looks so amazingly delicious I am planning on making it Thursday for supper...can't wait.

    Thanks,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very good Sandra! Saving this one for after we have settled in after the big move next week! I am sure Todd will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that we will try to make this one.It looks so easy!
    Bjs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner the other night (just like I said I would) and it was delicious! My kiddos loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this for my family. Sinful! So good and I plan on make it again thanks to having an extra pie shell!

    ReplyDelete