Friday, March 26, 2010

Bisquick Upside Down Pineapple Cake!

I love Bisquick, it's one of those pantry staples that I always keep on hand.

But did you know that's it's not just good for pancakes and biscuits? I think far too many times it's taken for granted because this little box can make so much more, like a delicious fluffy cake.

So here's what happened, I got a craving for something sweet, and I haven't made Pineapple Upside Down cake in a long, long, lonnnnnng time.......but I also wanted to make a super fast recipe without too many ingredients.

Little did I know that Bisquick has a great recipe for just what I was looking for.

I changed a few things, for one, I didn't use pineapple slices because all I had on hand were chunks.

I also omitted the pecans and the cherries. But it's SO SO good, I've had two slices already, so so bad.

2010_03260011

QUICK PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Credit: Bisquick

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (8 oz) pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, if desired
Maraschino cherries, if desired
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg


1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice (cherries with stems can be added after baking).

2010_03260006

2. In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.

2010_03260013

Cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Store loosely covered.

2010_03260016

6 comments:

  1. I was seriously JUST talking about pineapple upsidedown cake and how I wish I had a quick and simple recipe to follow for it! I'm ALL OVER THIS!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!
    I love your blog, and will be making this tomorrow!
    Thank you so much for all your amazing recipes-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was thinking of a cake to make, then pineapple upside down cake hit my mind. Had no cake mixes, so I searched around and found this. In oven as I type, looks delicious..can't wait. TY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for this recipe. My Mother used to make it. But I want to make a larger amount. Should I just double everything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you just fixed my sweet tooth fix tonight!
    Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete