Saturday, November 28, 2009

Leftovers Thanksgiving Pot Pie!

I'm sure like me, there are many of you with refrigerators brimming full with leftovers from the Thanksgiving feast.

Usually you may just keep eating them for the next few days or some may even toss them out, but what about using them in a Pot Pie, a big family sized pot pie?

The beauty of this is that you can use whatever you have on hand.

2009_11270060


LEFTOVERS THANKSGIVING POT PIE!


Turkey, cut into bite size pieces (I used all the leftover breast meat I had, save the legs and wings for another meal)
Green bean casserole (if you don't have any leftover, just use a can of green beans)
Stuffing
Gravy
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder
Heavy cream
Refrigerated Puff Pastry or Pie Pastry


Mix the turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing and gravy in a big bowl. Add one can of cream of mushroom and salt and pepper, garlic powder.

2009_11270049

Stir well, pour mixture into a greased casserole dish or 13x9 baking pan.

Pour heavy cream over the top, I used about a cup.

2009_11270051

Remember what I said about using what is on hand? All I had was Puff Pastry shells, not the sheets, so I those on top. If you have the sheets use them or roll out the pie crust to the right size needed.

2009_11270054

Pop in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the pastry is brown and cooked through.

2009_11270056

It is SO good, chock full of the flavors you love. My kids had seconds and said it was the best pot pie they ever had.

2009_11270062

Tonight's dinner, I'm going to take the leftover turkey legs and wings and roast them in the oven. I'll have the recipe up for you later today.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Sandra! I always like to make a pot pie after we have a turkey dinner and my mother always did the same. In fact she used to make pot pies after every roast dinner and we always loved them! Yours is a bit different and I think it sounds delicious! Will have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish, everyone would rave about these leftovers! Come visit grannymountain when you have the time...joy c.

    ReplyDelete