Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Creamy Oven Chicken!

If there's one thing we love in this house, it's chicken, and especially if it's loaded with cream and cheese and all that goodness.

This is another one of our favorites. Feel free to substitute the Swiss Cheese for Mozzarella which is really good too.


Photobucket

CREAMY OVEN CHICKEN


1 or 2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into big chunks
olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Heavy Cream
Swiss Cheese slices OR Mozzarella
salt and pepper
parsley flakes
nutmeg


In a skillet add a little bit of olive oil and the garlic, fry for a minute or so but don't let the garlic brown, turn the heat down if need be.

Photobucket

Add the chicken pieces and the spices and fry until starting to brown on each side. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I don't really measure stuff unless I'm following someone else's recipe....I just eyeball and add the spices to my taste.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Transfer the chicken to an oven safe dish.

Photobucket

Layer the cheese slices on top and pour the cream on over. I used about half a 16 oz. bottle of heavy cream.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bake in a 450º for about 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Serve with Garlic Mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. heavy cream??you are killing me, girlfriend!!! But, this recipe is a "keeper" I love easy chicken dishes!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may skimp on the heavy cream but will use our favorite, Dubliner Cheese! I have a similar recipe - YUM!
    Great post and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious, Sandra! If it's as good as your Portuguese chicken and rice, I'll have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. Do you ever broil meat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this tonight and skimped on the cream. Maybe about a 1/2 cup but I wish I had added the 16oz cause the sauce was heaven.. I served it with plain fussili pasta and a veggie. SO GOOD!
    When the hubby asked where I got the recipe I said "my Portuguese friend Sandra".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra! I have a ton of chicken in the freezer and was stopping by to check out your recipes. I will be making this tomorrow night...yum!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I'm going to have to keep this one in mind for next week's menu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this tonight and it is beyond fabulous. What a wonderful flavor. I will totally make it again. We had garlic mashed potatoes with it but I think it might be good over pasta too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to make this. I will start in about 15 minutes. And husband and I are Low Carb High Fat so the amount of cream won't bother us. Cream is natural fat so we're never worried. I've dropped 25 pounds on LCHF. So, thanks for this recipe. Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete