Sunday, September 28, 2008

Portuguese Cookies (Biscoitos)

There's nothing like biting into a buttery cookie that is filled with strawberry jam. While baking up cookies to fill up the cookie jar this weekend, I came across an old portuguese recipe for just plain cookies, nothing fancy about them.....but I had to give it a little kick, so I made sandwiches with strawberry jam oozing out from inside. YUM!

These are the kind of cookies I remember my greatgrandmother making at home.



Portuguese Cookies (Biscoitos)

3 cups of flour
2 tsp. of baking powder
3/4 cup of butter ( melted)
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar

Preheat oven to 350.
Melt the butter and put aside to cool off. Beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
Add the flour and baking powder mix well. Add the butter slowly and knead. Let this sit for awhile to rest.

Flour pans then shape dough into small balls. Place them on a cookie sheet spaced around an inch apart. Press down gently with your fingers to make them into a disc.

Bake them about 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look !!! So pretty !! I need to give my site a face lift ... just haven't had the time !! SOON !

    I am doing something fun over at the beans blog that I thought you might like to participate in ...

    Foods Of The World

    Come check it out !!

    ReplyDelete