Tuesday, September 19, 2006

MUSHROOM -BEEF STEW!!!



Right now my house is filled with the wonderful aroma of this Stew cooking in the Crockpot. I can't wait for dinner.

1 pound beef stew meat
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix

2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained


Slow Cooker Directions:


Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on
LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve over hot cooked noodles and garnish as desired.

*******************************************

Dessert



For dessert, I'm making Carrot Cake with Easy Cream Cheese Frosting. I think it's all in keeping with this Autumn meal :)

1 package (2 layer size) carrot cake mix
1 package (8 ounces) *PHILADELPHIA*Cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup granulated or powdered sugar

1/4 cup cold milk

1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed


Prepare cake mix as directed on package for 13x9-in pan. Cool completely.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over top of cake.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish as desired.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sandra, I copied them both. Love the cute little embellishment on top of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, do you know - all I have in the freezer is a piece of flank steak, which is picky about how you slice it. Surely I can slice it all up, dice it all up to equal stew meat, right? What do you think? This sure would be good for my sewing group tomorrow. I'll check back to see if you got a minute to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, I say go for it. I've substituted stuff like that all the time...and actually when I made the stew I forgot to pick up stew meat and used some real thick steaks I had, sliced them up and diced them, and it was perfect.

    Remember with the slow cooker the meat always comes out tender so I think pretty much any meat will work :)

    Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete