Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SHEPHERD'S PIE!!!

I've always made this pie, it's quick and easy and the kids love it. They actually put ketchup on theirs, and at first I thought it was a bit weird, but it's very tasty. You all know, I'm sure by now, that I eyeball everything, I'm not a cook who follows a certain recipe to the letter, but to make it easier for you all, I am sharing the recipe for a version that I've tried before too, and it was really good too, so here you go:

SHEPHERD'S PIE



1 lb. ground beef
1 can peas
1 can sweet corn
1 medium onion, diced
1/3 c. sugar
8 medium potatoes
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Boil potatoes, mash and season to taste with milk and butter.

Brown ground beef and onion with salt and pepper. When cooked, add peas, corn, sugar. Let simmer until heated through.

In 13x9 pan place meat and vegetable mixture in bottom of pan. Cover with mashed potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top.

Place in oven on BROIL until cheese is bubbly or light brown.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    I'm stopping by to tell you I made your French dip sandwiches for my husband last night and he loved them. Easy as pie. And I love crockpot recipes. So thank you. That recipe was a big hit around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't laugh, Sandra, since we're sisters and I see Barb left a comment. We don't always match suppers, but I emailed her, what are you making, she said Sandra's french dip, so I did too. My husband thought they were great. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, I have been trying and trying all night to leave you a comment about how nice it was for you to post the Sheppard Pie recipe! Then when I finally went to shut down my computer for the night ~ low and behold there was your box. lol :) Thanks for the recipe I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete