Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wow it's been forever!!!


It's been a while since I posted here, can't believe it's almost a month.

The kids have been doing great with meals....I don't know what it is, I'de like to believe that it's just because I make good food, BUT, it's not like I'm making something different, it's always been the same LOL

Anyway, last night I made Fettucine Alfredo. Now this is a recipe that I always turn to when I have NO idea what else to make. The kids love it and so do we, so it's a great quick and easy pasta dish.

Sandy's Fettucine Alfredo

1/2 package bacon, chopped into bite sizes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can mushroom soup
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Half a package of fettucine noodles

Boil the pasta as directed on package and then drain. In a skillet, put olive oil, onion, bacon and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until onion is see through and bacon is cooked through, it won't be crispy.
Add can of mushroom soup and heavy cream, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through.

Add to pasta and toss together. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional).

Enjoy!!!

It's a super fast meal to make and it's really yummy. Let me know if you try it :)

I've found for my kids that anything pasta or FUN to eat is what makes them enjoy it. Spaghetti Pizza Pie, Meatballs and Spaghetti, Lasagna, Fettucine Alfredo etc, but what I've started doing is telling them that if they take a bite they will grow bigger and bigger. Then we make it into a game. They pick up the fork and I say "DON'T YOU DARE TAKE A BITE", they start giggling uncontrollably and do it just to spite me. LOL
They don't know that in the end they have eaten everything on their plates LOL

Have fun with your kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment