Monday, March 27, 2006

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I'm going to be making this one today. I love my slow cooker because honestly, let's face it, who has time nowadays to be sitting in a kitchen for hours?
One thing I also love about using a slow cooker, is that during the day your house is filled with a wonderful scent, always makes my mouth water :)

So here we go:

Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast


INGREDIENTS:

* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm so happy to have stumbled onto your blog. I am a mother of 3, pregnant, and in nursing school. I hate "not having time" to cook for the husband and kids - and I'm really bad with meal planning.

    I love this recipe - what do you serve with it?? I'm a bit tired of mashed potatoes ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you have a recipe for cooking a roast in a crockpot!!!! I have looked in all my cookbooks and they all cook them in the oven. I am cooking mine in a crockpot with onions, carrots, and potatoes but had no clue at what temp setting or for how long! And I gotta have mine ready by 6pm tonight! Yeah for finding this on your sidebar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for another tasty and easy recipe. I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I threw this in the crockpot. I have enough meat leftover to make shredded beef burritos for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete